Saturday, February 26, 2011

Reflecting Pink



































This piece is the largest of my "Rural Imaginary Landscape" series. At 4' x 2' it is quite large compared to the others. Since it is also painted with the knife, the paint is thick and requires me to work while it's wet or at least while the area I am working on is wet. I started at the top and worked my way down. All of the changes in the land feel like a roll-a-coaster to me and then my eye rests on the sheep in the flowers.  This would be my kind of roll-a-coaster as my hubby knows that I am terrified of the real ones!

 You will be able to see this piece in person at my house on Saturday, May 21, 2011. I will be sending out a save the date soon. However, if you have read this far about my painting, you must be one of my dedicated followers, so I am pre-inviting you to my studio open house event, where I will have my home/studio filled with new work from the long winter!! More to follow on this soon ;)

No comments: